Saturday, February 15, 2014

Bolivia

Bolivia:

Today I was focused on Bolivia, a country in South America. This is one of the countries where the tropical rain forest meet the cold ridges of the Andes. 

Movie:
One of my favorite movies that features South America is "The Motorcycle Diaries". In this movie, young Che Guevara  and his friend rides across South America (including Bolivia). There goal is to finish there tour of South America by Che's friend's birthday. Their goal is to eventually reach a leper colony, but the purpose of the trip is to have fun an adventure before they enter the real working world. There trip itself is fraught with set backs, taking them through towns, farms, and snow.

Food:

For breakfast, I had quinoa with milk and stevia which I made much the way one would make rice pudding. The idea o this came from a Peruvian friend of mine- Peru being one of Bolivia's neighbors. (Quinoa and Stevia are both native to this region).

For dinner I made a black bean soup and Salteñas, a savory pastry filled with meat and sometimes vegetables. I winged this recipe: I mixed potatoes, boca "meat" and Spanish spices (including salt). I boiled this, as the filling. For the crust I used Pillsbury pizza crust. I cut the crust dough into 6 squares and filled it with the spiced cooked filling. I then cooked it at 375 for a 15 minutes.  

Work Cited:
"Bolivia". Wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolivia#Cuisine . Retrieved: February 15, 2014.

Salles, Walter. "Motor Cycle Diaries". Released: 2004.

"Salteñas". Wikipedia.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salte%C3%B1as. Retrieved: February 15, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment