Saturday, December 7, 2013

Introduction

               My new year’s resolution is to explore new cultures, countries and states. The purpose of this blog is to document my progress. Each day next year, I am planning on featuring a different country, state or region of the world. I will attempt to make meals inspired by that geographic location, watch movies and documentaries reflective of that region, and exercise and/or play games typical of that region of the world. Since I do not know a lot about some of these cultures I will have to do some research.

               I will not be covering every country, and I am planning on repeating some countries. Such countries include the United States, India, China, and Japan. This is mostly because I really like the food from these regions.

               My husband is from India and likes to eat Indian dishes once a week. In some cases I will substitute Indian cooking with food from other parts of the Indian subcontinent. I would also like to note that many African Countries use many of the same ingredients as India, and for this reason, I will be able to get much of my ingredients for my African food from Indian specialty stores.

               I try to eat fairly healthy. I like to stick to the University of Michigan food pyramid that I will post once I figure out how to use this blog site. I almost never eat beef, pork or lamb, and there are some weeks I skip meat altogether for the week. I try to shy away from starchy foods and I try stick with whole grains. I cannot guarantee all my recipes be healthy or starch free, but I will do my best.
 
Work Sighted:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment