Saturday, May 3, 2014

Japan


Japan:

Today’s topic was Japan. I know, I write about Japan often, but today was the first day of the flower festival in Japan. It is held every year from May 3 to May 5.

Book:

I had an old children’s book: “Miss Happiness and Miss Flower”. This is a British children’s book about a girl who has just moved from India to Britain who befriends two Japanese dolls. Both the child and the dolls have trouble acclimating to their new surroundings.

Food:

For Lunch, I had Miso Soup and Sea Weed Snacks, along with some green tea.

For Dinner I had tuna tar-tar, sticky rice, steamed edamame (young soy beans steamed in the pod), and sea weed.

Here is how I made my tuna:

Ingredients:

Sushi Grade Tuna steak

Sesame Seeds

Sesame seed oil.

Directions:

1)      In a wok, heat up oil.

2)      Cut tuna steak in half.

3)      Place a layer of sesame seeds on a plate, and roll your tuna steak halves in it.

4)      Lightly fry one side of your tuna steak in the wok for 15 seconds (do not cook all the way through).

5)      Turn the steak over and fry the other side for 15 seconds.

6)      Slice the tuna steak in thin pieces.

I served this over seaweed, with rice on the side.
 
Work Cited:
Godden, Rumer.  Blythe, Gary. "Miss Happiness and Miss Flower". Published: 1961.

"Horishima Flower Festival" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroshima_Flower_Festival

No comments:

Post a Comment